The “Member Directory” page contains a filterable and searchable list of our current users. When you are signed in, the dot or circle next to each username (or display name) is grey for offline users and green for online users respectively. Note that users’ statuses will only show after you sign in. There may be multiple icons under each profile image. The icon(s) denote the following:
1. Check Mark – Indicates that the user has passed our preliminary verification process (i.e., provided a valid e-mail address and telephone number).
2. Flag – Shows the country where the member lives.
3. Letter – Click on the letter to send the selected user an e-mail.
4. Chat Bubble – Click on the chat bubble to private chat with the selected user via instant messaging (IM). If the user is online, he/she will receive your message instantly, and can respond likewise.
5. Male Icon – Indicates that the user is an eligible bachelor (i.e., believed to be single, employed, and does not have children).
6. Female Icon – Indicates that the user is an eligible unmarried woman (i.e., believed to be single, employed, and does not have children).
7. Other Icons – Hover over the icon with your mouse pointer for a definition.
Note that the system delivers instant messages sent to offline users as soon as they sign on.
After you register, you can view and communicate with other users by visiting our “Member Directory” page. When you find a user who sparks your interest, you can click on the icons below that user’s profile image to interact with that user. If you prefer, you can go directly to our chat room to interact with other online users in real-time. This is a great way to learn more about other users. Note that this is a fairly new service, so it will take some time before users begin to sign on regularly. It’s a great idea to visit often.